One of the world’s leading law firms is seeking a 3rd shift WP Specialist for the NY office.
Performs a variety of document processing functions in Firm-supported applications to produce documents for attorneys according to established policies and procedures.
Observes confidentiality of client matters.
This position is for the third shift: Friday -Tuesday, 1:00 AM – 8:30AM.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
• Drafts, edits and prints standard legal documents from a variety of input sources.
• Converts documents from multiple formats including OCR and PDF.
• Designs and produces complex spreadsheets, charts, presentations.
• Uses legal-specific features (Table of Authorities, Cross-Referencing, Indexing) to produce documents.
• Designs and utilizes macros, templates and advanced features to produce and revise documents efficiently.
• Works one-on-one with attorneys when required.
• Provides support for closings.
• Transcribes data from multiple sources.
• Duplicates CDs/DVDs.
• Is accountable for, and tracks time worked on jobs using Firm’s job tracking software.
• Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
• Any additional responsibilities as needed by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Approximately two to five years experience as a document production operator in a large law firm or corporate environment
• Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe, email systems and legal-specific software. Design/graphics experience a plus
• Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced, at times stressful, environment
• Strong focus on customer service and follow-up
• Possess excellent reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
• Must be able to type a minimum of 65 words per minute
• Complete knowledge of computer systems and ability to operate standard office equipment such as multi-functional devices (MFDs) photocopiers, printers, scanners and transcription equipment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team environment. Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
• Ability to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 12 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• College degree preferred.