A prestigious international law firm is seeking to hire a Senior Litigation Paralegal.
This position may be located in our client’s Chicago, Atlanta, or Washington DC office. We are ideally seeking 5+ years’ litigation experience, preferably in IP litigation, but the client is open to other areas of litigation. The ideal candidate must have strong litigation skills, be professional, and have strong communication skills. Additionally, our client prefers those with strong job longevity and experience at mid-sized to large sized law firms.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725(unless otherwise specified);
• Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
• Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
• Assist with trial preparation; Attend trial; Coordinate logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
• Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
• Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
• Handle additional projects as assigned.
• At least 2 years of Paralegal experience;
• At least 2 years of relevant Litigation experience (IP Litigation is a plus);
• ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
• Advanced proficiency in the preparation of motions in limine, jury instructions, verdict forms, and additional pleadings;
• Advanced proficiency in the preparation of witness lists, exhibits, and trial binders;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
• Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
• Advanced proficiency with transcript management applications (LiveNote);
• Advanced proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw;
• Advanced knowledge of Firm and Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
• Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
• Advanced knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
• Advanced knowledge of legal billing processes.
All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.