A global law firm seeks an Accounting Administrator.
Responsible for the efficient administration of Billing and Accounts Payable functions for the New York office. This position will assume the role of accounting liaison to the Chicago Office Billing and Accounts Payable Departments, with an indirect reporting relationship to the local office Director of Administration. This position will ensure the highest ethical standards and alignment with Firm policy, process, and procedures. The Accounting Administrator will facilitate communication among local office lawyers and staff on accounting-related matters.
• Performs all Billing functions for assigned attorneys and facilitates the timely submission of invoices to the Billing Department in Chicago.
• Performs any necessary eBilling tasks, reporting, and other billing support to assigned partners.
• Acts as a liaison to manage any ad hoc or critical Billing issues in the NY office.
• Ensures that invoices are processed for payment in a timely manner and that all invoices received are approved for payment, properly coded, and processed through being processed through Chrome River Invoice and Aderant Expert. Assists with the processing of employee expense reimbursements when necessary.
• Researches past due statements, answers vendor inquiries and troubleshoots inconsistencies.
• Produces rush checks.
General computer experience, including strong working knowledge of accounts payable and billing software and spreadsheets. Aderant Expert experience preferred. Other general ledger and accounting experience preferred.
Performance Traits: (i.e. analytical, communication skills, problem solving abilities, etc.)
Must have excellent follow-through skills, strong attention to detail, and problem-solving ability. Must have ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Must have strong interpersonal communication and team working skills.
Must be able to effectively analyze reports and other accounting data and interpret results accurately.
Must have the ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of timely customer service.
Management Accountabilities, if applicable:
Supervision and Administration of PTO time, compensation, annual reviews, and performance supervision for one Accounts Payable Analyst I position.
Physical Requirements: (Please determine all principle attributes of the role and assign requirements accordingly.)
Must be able to work under stressful conditions meeting multiple deadlines.
Must be physically present at work.
Education/Training/Certifications: (required or preferred)
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred. Comparable accounts payable and billing experience may be substituted for bachelor’s degree. Professional services experience preferred.
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
Must have 3-5 years general accounting experience.