An elite international law firmis seeking an Associate Director of HR for the NY office.
The Associate Director of Human Resources will oversee all aspects of the employee lifecycle including working with the Director of Human Resources, legal counsel and other members of Firm management to address HR and employee relations matters, managing the staff recruitment process, coordinating and developing Firm-wide policies and training programs for staff, supporting the Firm-wide evaluation and compensation processes, and developing, implementing and overseeing programs designed to meet the ongoing needs and expectations of current and future employees.
The Associate Director is primarily responsible for HR practices in the U.S., but should also be sensitive to the needs of the E.U. offices.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Director of Human Resources on talent assessment, organizational design and training, learning, and development initiatives.
• Design and implement personnel policies and procedures to support the Firm’s business needs while promoting a positive work environment for employees. Assure policies and procedures are compliant with
federal and state laws and regulations.
• Work with the Firm’s Chiefs and Directors and legal counsel on HR- and ER-related issues with respect to Firm policies and programs, and concerning personnel actions, including hiring, promotion, and
• Provide guidance to employees and advise managers and employees on employee relations issues and situations, including application of Firm policies, performance management, compensation, hiring, internal
transfers/promotions, organizational structure, and change management.
• Partner with the Firm’s Chiefs and Directors to assist in the recruitment for staff positions and provide strategic influence over candidate selection.
• Assist with coordination of the annual evaluation process and partner with Chiefs and Directors on the annual bonus and salary review processes.
• Develop, implement, administer, and support HR and ER programs and initiatives, and provide ideas and suggestions for process, departmental and organizational improvements.
• Supervise and provide leadership and guidance to HR team members to direct them on HR and ER practices and procedures and provide development guidance and opportunities.
• Manage employee relations issues including conducting internal investigations and coaching, counselling and disciplinary plans.
• Maintain awareness of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable HR practices.
• Oversee new employee onboarding and orientation.
• Maintains accurate and complete personnel records; assure accuracy of data in integrated HRIS/payroll system (currently UltiPro).
• Work with both management and employees during employee exits and conduct termination discussions and exit interviews.
• Manage members of the HR team.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 6+ years in HR field
• Master’s degree in Human Resources Management or PHR certification preferred
• Advanced Excel reporting ability and proficiency with software applications
• Strong writing, presentation and analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well in team-oriented environment