Our Client, A top law firm here in NYC, is seeking a Benefits Specialist to join their firm.
• Assist in filing claims for leave of absence programs, including
but not limited to FMLA and NY Paid Family leaves.
• Review and process accommodation requests.
• Assist the COBRA administration process.
• Prepare and review outstanding Workday benefit event reports
and follow up with employees.
• Serve as liaison between employees and benefits providers to
resolve claims issues as necessary.
• Support Benefits team with special projects and other
responsibilities as assigned.
• Prepare and mail medical outstanding check memos.
• Prepare and process Wageworks FSA and Commuter invoices.
• Assist with employee benefit questions.
• Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned by
• Working knowledge of federal, state and local benefits law and
strong understanding of benefit policies, procedures and
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments with
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, including but not
limited to Excel, PowerPoint, Word. Experience in Workday is
preferred but not required.
• Detail oriented with well-developed analytical, research and
problem solving skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as
solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail
and timely follow-through.
• Ability to interact at all levels and build relationships across a
diverse internal client base.
• Flexibility in daily schedule to accommodate unexpected
situations arising from departmental needs.
• Update job knowledge by participating in internal training
Education and Experience:
• 2-3 years benefits experience in a law firm or professional
• Bachelor’s degree in related field