A New York based law firm specializing in Insurance and reinsurance law is seeking a Billing Clerk with some legal / insurance experience if possible. Some experience with e-billing is wonderful, but not necessary.
work proactively with the Billing Supervisor and attorneys to assist in the billing responsibilities of the Professional Liability Department;
prepares client invoices and assist with sending them out and following up as necessary;
assists in reviewing and allocating checks and wires that are received in payment of invoices and also funds received for settlements, third party vendors, etc.
• Print and distribute draft bills to attorneys.
• Edit draft invoices based on attorney’s mark up including write offs, time transfers, and time entry narrative changes.
• Generate spreadsheets regarding amounts due, both current and outstanding. Light editing/customizing of these spreadsheets per client needs
• Track status of bills submitted to e-billing vendors. Identify any issues with rejections, follow up with attorneys as needed and resolve.
Update internal databases as needed.
• Prepare check requests and wire transfers for settlement funds and/or third party vendor payments
• Maintain good working relationships with other department members, attorneys, and vendors
• Prepare correspondence to third party vendors (basic letters in Word) to send out check payments
• Closing files – preparation of paperwork to Accounting, updating departmental databases when matters are concluded/closed
• Collaborates with Accounting regarding billing and collection matters when needed List the unique qualifications required to perform the job:
• Excel (basic skills – no advanced Excel needed)
• Word, Outlook
• Attention to detail