An international law firm providing legal advisory services is seeking a Billing Project manager for the NY office. Under the general supervision and direction of the Director of Billing & Collectionsthe Billing Project Manager is responsible for assisting with project management of billing and collections department improvement initiatives. Review, evaluate, implement and document policy, procedures and various systems related to billing & collection functions. The Billing Project Manager is expected to demonstrate initiative, to accurately complete projects in a timely fashion. The Billing Project Manager is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Billing Project Manager must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
• Assist in the development of policy, manuals and documentation revolving around Aderant billing, electronic billing, new matter intake, time entry, outside counsel guidelines, rates, discounts, collections
and additional areas.
• Interview various stakeholders to document business processes and requirements.
• Take the lead on project management for various ongoing billing process improvement projects including coordinate with various resources from information technology and other finance team members.
• Develop comprehensive specifications where needed for technology improvement projects related to billing.
• Create and execute communication strategies related to the implementation of new process improvements / technology initiatives related to Finance.
• Communicate with Finance team, attorneys and secretaries to address questions or requests.
• Audit data to confirm compliance with policy and procedures.
• Formalize Finance onboarding process to ensure consistent training for new hires.
• The Billing Project Manager maintains knowledge of trends, developments and new technologies impacting all functions of the group. Participates in departmental projects and initiatives designed to
streamline workflow and/or resolve issues. The position will assume additional responsibilities as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Outlook
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners
• Ability to use critique of work to improve performance
• Identify issues and problems with assignments
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects with specific deadlines; strong attention to detail
• Ability to deal with stress around deadlines
• Commitment to the office and firm
• Commitment to professional growth and development
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements:
• Four year college degree required, with specialization in accounting or finance preferred
• 5+ years Project Management experience required, preferably in a law firm