An international law firm seeks a Business Development Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has law firm experience, is detail oriented and has excellent communication and follow-up skills. The ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment is essential, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial (spelling, grammar usage, writing skills, etc.). Working knowledge of legal terms and concepts are a plus. In this position, overtime will be required. The position will report to the Business Development Manager in New York.
• Assists with the implementation of strategic business development and marketing plans for partners, offices, and practices (NY and Bankruptcy)
• Assists with the planning, implementation, and follow-up of new business or cross-marketing opportunities.
• Prepare marketing materials as requested by attorneys and/or staff. Oversee print production and assembly. Ensure on-time delivery of high-quality materials.
• Conducts Competitive Intelligence research on existing and prospective clients for attorneys across practice groups. This will include learning different database/research engines.
• Enter RFP and pitch materials into Sharepoint/Breeze database; assist with compiling attorney bios and practice group overviews for proposals.
• Schedule attorney professional photos for new and lateral partners.
• Assist with ticket distribution and enter sports ticket usage into online concierge program.
• Maintain promo item inventory; track usage in Inflow database.
• Assist with InterAction database additions; update contact information and pull reports.
• Assist with graphic design on advertisements, invitations.
• Assists with planning and execution of client seminars and sponsorships including managing invitation lists in CRM, track RSVPs, create name badges and tent cards; set-up and staff registration desk; and prepare handouts for client functions.
• Set up and maintain Business Development folders and files.
• Create and submit check requests; assist with processing payments.
• Work as part of a team with other business development professionals in all offices, including design team, CRM team, RFP manager, and events staff.
• Perform other marketing and business development related responsibilities and projects as necessary
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficiency in online research and internet resources
• Knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications
• Fundamental knowledge of Interaction
• Working knowledge of legal concepts
• Ability to effectively interact with lawyers
• Advanced proficiency in English language usage, including punctuation, spelling, grammar and writing skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree (Communication, Advertising, Marketing degree preferred)
• At least 3 years of professional services/law firm experience (required)