The Finance Department of a top law firm has an immediate opening for a Conflicts & Risk Analyst in either their Boston, New York or Hartford office.
Must be detail oriented professional to help facilitate all aspects of the firm’s client / matter intake processes and procedures. The position will report to the Supervisor, Conflicts & Intake.
• Research, identify and assist in resolving conflicts of interest for new clients and matters, as well as for new hires, attorney surveys, marketing requests and additional parties on existing matters;
• Assist in due diligence reviews for financial and compliance purposes;
• Conduct thorough reviews of and track workflow of intake forms and engagement letters;
• Assist in opening and maintaining client/matter files;
• Development and delivery of staff training on intake process and procedures;
• Assist with the development, documentation, and implementation of formal guidelines detailing intake and conflict processes and procedures;
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years of legal intake and conflicts experience required in a high volume automated environment or equivalent experience as a legal professional or JD.
• Ideally the candidate would have knowledge of US ethical rules of professional conduct as they relate to conflicts of interest.
• Computer skills including, but not limited to, legal accounting/billing systems, familiarity with web based research for conflict checking purposes, knowledge of databases and accurate typing skills. Familiarity with Aderant Expert strongly preferred.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Attention to detail, ability to prioritize assignments and move quickly from one to another.