A multi-service law firm seeks a Desktop Engineer
Under the direction of the Director of Application Services, the Desktop Engineer manages and is responsible for the development and delivery of Legal Desktop Applications, Physical and Virtual Desktops through Local and Remote Access systems (Citrix/Cisco VPN). Implements and maintains supporting systems and architecture to ensure a secure, highly-available and stable workstations for the firm.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
– Maintain, Administer, Implement and Support:
o Client Endpoint Systems and Operating Systems:
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (Citrix XenDestkop)
Physical Desktop/Laptop Configurations (Windows 7/10)
Thin Client Endpoints including Mobile Devices
o VDI Infrastructure (Citrix) – Including the XenDesktop Farms (Production & Development), Provisioning Services and supporting Hypervisor Infrastructure.
o Remote Access Interfaces – Citrix Web Interface Servers, NetScaler.
o XenApp Application Delivery
o Group Policy Objects/Group Policy Preferences
– Preparing Master Client OS Images
– Management of Group Policies on VDI and Physical Environments
– Provide escalated level support to Help Desk and end users.
– Secure client resources by developing client access controls, endpoint monitoring and supporting documentation.
– Escalation Support for Legal Applications
The Desktop Engineer will be expected to have:
– Significant experience configuring and deploying Client Packages (SCCM preferred) and Group Policies
– Significant experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows Desktops (Windows 7 and 10)
– Significant experience configuring and troubleshooting Citrix or related VDI technologies (XenDesktop/XenApp)
– Significant experience configuring and troubleshooting Legal Applications
– Demonstrated knowledge of Windows Servers (2012/2016) and Desktop products.
– Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills both within and outside of the IT Department.
– Commitment to standards and documentation.
– Provide 24×7 response and assistance for all urgent and related responsibilities.
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology and/or equivalent work experience. Industry certifications a plus. At least 5 years of experience managing a Microsoft, Citrix, or VMWare network environment. Previous law firm experience highly desired, but not required