|Title||Director Knowledge Management $175k|
|Categories||Professional Support Staff|
|Location||New York, NY|
A New York Law firm seeks a Director, Knowledge Management.
• Assist the Chief Knowledge Officer in developing a Knowledge Management strategy, and setting department and individual goals to deliver on the Department’s strategic objectives.
• Manage the Firm’s Knowledge Management Attorneys, Special Counsel for the Due Diligence Center, and Research Services Manager through the Firm’s knowledge management strategy and their role in fulfilling that strategy. Provide day-to-day support and lead professional development initiatives.
• Enable the KM Department’s Attorneys and staff in delivering service to the practices and clients, ensure effective sharing of knowledge across all practices and jurisdictions, and identify and implement KM platforms.
• Lead a knowledge sharing culture where knowledge is valued and used, and lawyers have the skills to use these resources independently. Drive cultural change across the Firm, embedding a culture of continuous learning, innovation, and client service.
• Collaborate with other team members to support the Firm’s objectives.
• Work with Business Development and Digital Solutions to identify opportunities for internal and client-facing knowledge sharing.
• Work with Talent Development and other Firm Departments to ensure that learning and development activities are in line with the substantive needs of the practices.
• Law degree and current bar admission in the jurisdiction of the Firm office.
• At least 6 years’ experience practicing law.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in a knowledge management role in a top tier law firm, in-house, or other professional services entity.
• At least 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Demonstrate knowledge of both the business and practice of law.
• Motivate and persuade lawyers to contribute knowledge and to adhere to knowledge processes.
• Strong leadership, project management, change management and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail; and excellent English written and oral communication skills