A global law firm is seeking a Docket Specialist in the Intellectual Property Practice Group – Patent Support Services in their Philadelphia office.
The Docket Specialist maintains the Patent computerized docket system and is supervised by the Manager of the Patent Support Services, but will have daily contact with, and will receive guidance from all of the attorneys and staff in the practice group for whom this individual provides support.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain docket due dates and remarks in the computerized docket system including incoming domestic and foreign mail and faxes, incoming patent office mail, and papers filed in the patent office.
• Open, sort, stamp incoming patent mail including postcards, faxes and special delivery mail; prepare a daily incoming mail log and deliver a copy of the log to the patent group members.
• Check all outgoing PTO mail for completeness and accuracy and prepare a daily PTO outgoing mail log; ensure the outgoing mail is picked up by courier service.
• Generate routine correspondence and documents associated with foreign patent application processing.
• Program, run, print and deliver docket reports to attorneys, legal secretaries and legal staff.
• Monitor patent daily dockets and provide call up services to attorneys and paralegals as necessary to clear final dates.
• Generate new patent matter number request reports and send them to the new business department.
• Prepare expense forms for processing of vendor invoices and deliver to attorneys for approval.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of three years of docketing experience
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
• Technical skills
• Written communication skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Project management skills
• Planning/organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, brief correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present routine information in one-on-one or small group
• Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure)
• Ability to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions, involving several variables, in routine situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
Docketing: CPI Patent
Document Management: MS-Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), WorkSite, Legal MacPac, Adobe Acrobat
Communications: Outlook, Office Communicator