Seeking a Document Services Specialist for a large international law firm in its NYC office.
Our client seeks the best and brightest talent to join its Administrative Staff team. Our client invest highly in its employees training and development. The employer’s environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
Performs a variety of document processing functions in Firm-supported applications to produce documents for attorneys according to established policies and procedures. Observes confidentiality of client matters. This is a part time Saturday and Sunday first shift position. Hours will be determined based on needs.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
• Drafts, edits and prints standard legal documents from a variety of input sources.
• Converts documents from multiple formats including OCR and PDF.
• Designs and produces complex spreadsheets, charts, presentations.
• Uses legal-specific features (Table of Authorities, Cross-Referencing, Indexing) to produce documents.
• Designs and utilizes macros, templates and advanced features to produce and revise documents efficiently.
• Works one-on-one with attorneys when required.
• Provides support for closings.
• Transcribes data from multiple sources.
• Duplicates CDs/DVDs.
• Is accountable for, and tracks time worked on jobs using Firm’s job tracking software.
• Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
• Any additional responsibilities as needed by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Approximately two to five years experience as a document production operator in a large law firm or corporate environment
• Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe, email systems and legal-specific software. Design/graphics experience a plus
• Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced, at times stressful, environment
• Strong focus on customer service and follow-up
• Possess excellent reading, grammar, punctuation and spelling skills.
• Must be able to type a minimum of 65 words per minute
• Complete knowledge of computer systems and ability to operate standard office equipment such as multi-functional devices (MFDs) photocopiers, printers, scanners and transcription equipment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team environment. Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
• Ability to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 12 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves of up to 8 feet high.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• College degree preferred.