A prestigious financial firm seeks an Executive Assistant/Personal Assistant
The ideal candidate must be seasoned and experienced in working in an Executive Office, handling a wide range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and confidently under pressure. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a fluid environment, being resourceful and knowing how to navigate in a corporate environment will also be critical to success in this position.
Your primary duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. You will help the PM through a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, booking travel & making itineraries, creating and submitting expense reports, arranging conference calls, editing watchlists for portfolios and companies your PM covers, ordering catering, keeping contacts up to date, obtaining and filing company information. You will be expected to anticipate the needs of the team members whom you support, resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Answer phone calls with proper call screening, forwarding, and message taking.
• Schedule meetings and appointments
o Coordinate with all necessary parties and gather all requested materials
o Work with the receptionist to make sure the calendar appointment has all the necessary details; such as attendee names, agenda, conference room, etc.
• Sort through emails and search for relevant events, meetings or calls that may be of interest
o Check for relevant conferences and present the information to the PM; keep track of deadlines and ensure registration
• Act as a liaison with brokers, banks and investor relations representative
• Maintain contact lists
• Create or update documents and spreadsheets to help your PM streamline and organize his or her workload
• Produce and distribute correspondence
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Maintain a filing system
• Every quarter, keep track of the calendar for earnings calls. This may include providing press releases, transcripts, estimates and research reports to your PM in a timely fashion. This is done using FactSet and or Bloomberg
• Book travel arrangements: including flights, car services, hotels and itineraries
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Provide general support to visitors
• Aid other assistants when necessary and make sure there is adequate coverage always
• Personal Assistant duties include the following; other duties may be assigned.
o Liaise with spouse on special projects
o Schedule personal appointment (doctor/dentist, etc.)
o Heavy calendaring and organizing of charity events. Occasional event attendance required for set up and supervision of event.
o Run errands, such as picking up dry cleaning and merchandise for family members
o Daily responsibilities include making and serving coffee lunch
• At least 5-7+ years of experience working in a similar role
• Bachelor’s Degree
Knowledge and Skills/Abilities:
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate with a high level of integrity for handling sensitive issues and maintain complete confidentiality
• Poised, polished and highly responsive with a 24/7 mentality
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficiency in MS Office