The Applications Training and Support Specialist will serve under the direction of the Washington DC IT Support Manager. This role is accountable for developing and delivering technology training across various platforms and applications, the testing and quality assurance of software and applications as well as assisting with technical phone support for the business and end user devices-both hardware/software including PCs, laptops, IP Telephones, and mobile devices.
• Facilitate high-caliber training in a professional environment through a variety of methods including classroom, online, and virtual.
• Foster ideas and creative thinking into content that can be implemented quickly, independently, or collaboratively.
• Create new and innovative documents and digital designs adapting them to existing materials.
• Analyze applications and work with the subject matter experts to design training/develop course materials, develop and maintain templates and scripts, and revise training materials for training adult learners.
• Training content will include developing templates, graphics, and audio/visual materials for use in on-line training, interactive web-based, facilitator guides, PowerPoint presentations, participant guides and tests, job aids, and other classroom materials.
• Provide needed user support through escalated service desk tickets including troubleshooting, documentation through the ticket tracking system, and user follow-up.
• Participate in beta and pilot programs including testing of new software, engaging users participating in testing, and assisting the help desk in service readiness.
• Gather and share feedback and comments from the user community to improve training and support service.
• Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
• Ensures that all requests from users are logged and escalation procedures are followed. Maintains problem status/resolution information in ticketing database.
• Ensure service needs and SLAs are met by reviewing the Help Desk inbox and tickets, and making sure the Help Desk knowledge base information is accurate and up-to-date.
• Maintains expert level knowledge of the platform’s operating systems, standard applications, and computer hardware solutions.
• Collaborate with other IT teams as needed to determine and resolve issues.
• Provide technical support of hardware on all end user workstations via desk side visits.
• Performs Moves, Adds, Changes.
• Installs and provides support for end user hardware such as desktop computers, LCD screens, peripheral devices, IP phones and firm managed mobile devices.
• Respond to questions & problems and provide instruction to attorneys, clients and staff with PowerPoint, document and spreadsheet presentations, video & web based presentations, video conferences, teleconferences and webinar setups. Provide technical support and troubleshooting of audio/video problems during teleconference, video conferences and webinars.
• Prepares loaner laptops and smart phones for users as needed.
• Work overtime, weekend and on-call as required.
• Technical Skills: 5 plus years the following applications:
• Microsoft Office 2013, including SharePoint
• Windows 7 and 10
• Mac OS
• VoIP telephone and voicemail systems
• Mobile technologies including iOS and Android platforms.
• Experience creating e-learning
• 4-year degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in training and supporting end user equipment in a high availability corporate or law firm environment.
• Experience in curriculum design and developing training materials for adult learners.
• Conceptual and strategic thinker, good time management and communication skills, with great attention to detail
• Skillsets in and knowledge of Keynote, iBooks author, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools
• Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with and follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff to provide information with courtesy and tact both verbally and in writing.