A preeminent global law firm focused primarily on the asset management, technology, life sciences, health care and real estate industries is seeking a legal recruiting coordinator.
Organize activities related to the recruiting and hiring of lawyers (entry level, lateral, and non-partner track career attorneys) and assists with other recruitment initiatives as required. Assists the Legal Recruiting Department leadership including the Director of Legal Recruiting and local Legal Recruiting Manager and works with other Legal Recruiting staff on all matters related to hiring.
1. Assist the Legal Recruiting Manager and Practice Group Leaders (PGLs) with lateral associate, career attorney and technical advisor recruiting initiatives including drafting job postings, reviewing and
processing resumes, identifying and presenting qualified candidates to the PGLs, organize interview schedules, collect and synthesize interviewer’s feedback, generate offer letters, submit conflict and
background checks paperwork and organize local orientation logistics.
2. Serve as liaison with legal placement agencies and/or prospective candidates from the initial screening stage through employment decision stage.
3. Support the on-campus recruiting process, including hosting hospitality suites, preparing materials needed for call back meetings, scheduling callback interviews, track and follow-up with attorneys for
evaluations, assist manager in organizing agenda materials for local office hiring partner meetings, updating legal recruiting database and coordinates appropriate communication to candidates regarding
their employment status.
4. Continuously keep on-campus interviewing lawyers apprised of the status of their call back candidates.
5. Help to organize outreach initiatives, including attending and engaging candidates at 1L recruiting receptions designed to market the firm.
6. Network and partner with career services personnel and faculty to raise firm’s profile.
7. Support the execution of the local office summer associate program including logistical planning, work assignment tracking, preparing for mid-summer and end-of-summer evaluations, organize and attend summer
program social events and other duties associated with the summer program as assigned by the Legal Recruiting Manager.
8. Assist with the administration of annual survey requests, including Vault and AmLaw.
9. Under the direction of the Legal Recruiting Manager, provides updates to the hiring web site and recruiting print materials.
10. Using the legal recruiting database (LawCruit), generate recruiting reports and statistics.
11. Represents the firm through membership at local legal recruiting organization (NYCRA); stay current of evolving developments in recruiting field.
12. Conducts market research with peer firm representatives as requested.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned by the Legal Recruiting Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Three – five years of executive recruiting or attorney professional development experience at a mid-sized or large law firm, career services or other professional services industry is preferred
• Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with database programs (e.g., LawCruit, Symplicity); advanced social media (LinkedIn
etc.) and web-based programs skills are highly desirable
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such information.
• Ability to work efficiently independently as well as within a team
• Highly-motivated with strong initiative skills.
• Flexibility in responding quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities.
• Must be team-oriented and share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
• Ability to consult with attorneys and staff across all levels of seniority to conduct searches to determine best approach to fulfilling staffing needs, re-evaluate as necessary.
• Must be innovative and proactive in marketing the firm to various candidate constituencies.
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
• Ability to multi-task, manage, and prioritize projects effectively.
• Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• Proactive in learning and adapting to new systems and processes.
• Ability to perform under stressful conditions in a thoughtful, organized, and professional manner.
• Continually looks to streamline recruitment processes for greatest efficiency.