A global litigation firm is currently seek a litigation legal secretary for their New York office.
This position will provide administrative and legal secretarial support to lawyers in a highly collaborative working environment.
• Responsible for document preparation, editing; file maintenance and client billing.
• Work for five timekeepers, time entry, electronic filings, pleadings, and processing mail, etc.
• Client contact in person and over the phone.
• Handles administrative confidential/sensitive firm and/or client information.
• These duties may be ongoing or ad-hoc in nature.
• Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
• The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years legal experience in a mid to large sized law firm and be proficient in legal secretarial and administrative tasks.
• Must be knowledgeable in litigation processes including intake to trial, familiar with exhibits, setting up war rooms, assisting with litigation support in coordinating discovery, handling logistics for
trials and flexibility to travel with attorneys.
• Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, work independently, and multi-task a must. Ability to work well under pressure in a high volume environment.
• The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent client service.
• Qualified candidates must demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Best Authority (Table of Authority) software and Adobe Acrobat (Scanning and Bate Stamping).
• Exhibit strong typing skills and have the ability to learn and quickly become proficient in new computer software programs.
• Candidates should possess excellent written and oral communication and solid organizational skills.
• Candidates should also be detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, have the ability to prioritize incoming/outgoing tasks and work effectively independently and within a team.
• Availability for overtime is required.