This is a full-time Facilities/Office Services Supervisor position that will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer at a full-service, national law firm that provides integrated multidisciplinary legal services for life science and technology companies with offices in New York, Washington, D.C., and Boston.
The Office Services/Facilities Supervisor is responsible for executing, directing and coordinating services and related activities, including developing and supervising processes for the maximum utilization of services and equipment and to provide superior customer service relative to office services, facilities and guest services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Coordinates overall administrative activities for the office services, facilities and guest services departments.
· Maintenance of office, conference and pantry areas.
· Purchasing and maintaining inventory of office supplies, furniture, office services equipment in accordance with firm purchasing policies and budgetary guidelines.
· Maintenance of office service equipment and shredding.
· Manages day-to-day operations of facility (including, but not limited to, HVAC, light bulbs, porter services, general repairs and installations, building service requests, facility inspections, etc.).
· Correspond with building management regarding issues including, but not limited to, fire, safety/code, security, locks, cleaning and emergencies.
· Coordinate with vendors.
· Coordinate internal office moves and office assignments for visiting attorneys and advisors.
· Assists with preparation of annual budget and operates within budgetary guidelines.
· Serves as facilities emergency response coordinator.
· Maintain storage areas.
· Coordinate mail, FedEx, UPS, courier services, guest services, etc. during and after regular business hours.
· Oversee maintenance pertaining to vending machines, water coolers and guest services appliances.
· Supervise staff PTO, shift coverage, job responsibilities and training.
· Participates as needed in other department or firm wide projects.
· Some travel required.
· Strong time management, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Technical capacity and experience using standard office equipment.
· Maintenance of a professional demeanor and appearance at all times.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills to be able to effectively deal with members of all departments.
· Exemplify strong leadership and supervisory skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
· Bachelors degree in Business Management or related field required.
· 5 years of facilities, maintenance and/or operations experience, including 2 years in a supervisory position, preferably in a corporate or legal environment.