A top NYC law firm is seeking a Legal Practice Assistant (Legal Secretary)
Description This position provides support for attorneys in the Business Litigation practice area. Position
• Efficient coordination of administrative, clerical and secretarial needs for assigned attorneys
using available resources.
• Engaged member of the office Legal Practice Assistant team willing to assist when workload
demands and client needs require additional assistance. Foster a team atmosphere for attorneys
• Revise and properly format documents. Produce various documents such as legal pleadings,
letters, memoranda, etc. Efficiency and accuracy a must.
• Coordinate travel arrangements; prepare itineraries; prepare, compile and maintain travel
vouchers and records.
• Prepare attorney travel budgets for approval by Practice Group Leader.
• Enter daily time records using DTE software for assigned attorneys, close time as needed, and
maintain time sheet files.
• Telephone responsibilities include taking and delivering accurate messages for attorneys and
setting up conference calls in a professional manner.
• Working with Billing Analysts, handle billing responsibilities and inquiries as needed.
• Prepare new Client/Matter files and submit conflict checks according to Firm policy.
• Process and track expenses on a timely basis.
• Maintain client files using Legal key. Maintain administrative and personal files for attorneys.
Responsible for organizing, indexing and preparing all closed files for off-site storage following
• Maintain attorneys’ calendars ensuring that it is accurate and up-to-date. Schedule meetings
and make logistical arrangements as needed. Remind attorneys of upcoming events and
• Assist with attorneys’ business development efforts. Coordinate with marketing personnel for