A New York consulting firm seeks a Project Administrator
The Project Administrator’s primary responsibility is to fulfill the administrative and project coordination needs of his/her assigned managers and teams. This involves anticipating project needs, managing workload, and producing work of the highest quality in a timely manner.
We are looking for innovative problem-solvers with a great eye for detail and an even greater sense of ownership. The ideal candidate is someone who is seeking a challenge within the traditional role of an executive administrator. The ability to juggle multiple tasks, requests, and priorities while also coordinating and collaborating with team members is essential to success in the role. Having a “learning mindset”, being team-oriented, and being a dedicated professional are significant characteristics in our future contributor.
The Project Administrator’s desk is the point of synthesis for the materials generated by team members in the production of the final work product submitted to our discerning clients. Although each Project Administrator provides support to specific managers, the position also functions as a member of the managers’ project teams as well as a member of a “cross-project” administrative team. When workload is unusually heavy, the ability to effectively delegate tasks to and accept assignments from the rest of the administrative team is vital.
• Assist managers in the organization and execution of his/her project management duties.
• Support the head of the office in various office development initiatives including preparing meeting notes, organizing small group meet-and-greets and drafting presentations for office events.
• Serve as a liaison between project participants, project managers and other members of the Project Support Group by ensuring timely communication and monitoring of deadlines, sharing of resources and providing proactive support where possible.
• Maintain up-to-date rosters of team members involved in a project.
• Provide calendar management and coordination to individuals supported.
• Organize meetings, special events, and travel arrangements.
• Responsible for project document management including set up, organization, logging databases, maintenance, storage and closure.
• Compose and process routine correspondence.
• Record time details, document billable expenses, and process expense reports to facilitate billing and other accounting procedures.
• Assist with monthly billing duties for the officers, managers, and/or experts they support, including proofreading and editing billing narratives and producing final invoices sent to clients.
• Support business development initiatives by maintaining key contacts.
• Type, assemble, organize, format, and edit/proof the team’s work products (examples:
affidavit/declaration, report, or presentation).
• Perform photocopying, faxing, and preparation of materials for courier shipments, as needed.
• Research and identify potential client conflicts relating to new business leads.
• Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years of directly related experience with at least 1 year of experience providing executive level support, in a professional services firm preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office required.
• Experience working on various types of projects from initiation to closure.
• Ability to utilize resources effectively, prioritize, multi-task, and move projects forward in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills to address non-routine or complex problems.
• Superior teamwork skills, with the ability to delegate tasks or accept additional work, as needed.
• Effectively anticipate, monitor and meet the needs of internal and external clients.