An international law firm is seeking a Social Media Content Specialist for the NY office.
The Social Media Content Specialist works flexibly with a wide range of managers, staff, and attorneys to create and edit client-facing and internal communications. As an integral part of the team, liaises with extended marketing team members to expand the firm’s social media footprint, grow recognition, and introduce various market facing campaigns to support the firm’s practice development, recruiting, diversity, community outreach, and pro bono initiatives. The Specialist provides support in the research, planning, and execution of content marketing campaigns.
1. Oversee the day-to-day management and strategic execution of the firm’s overall social media function supporting firm-wide integrated content marketing campaigns and initiatives via the development and
distribution of content to the firm’s external digital channels including: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogs and Snapchat, as well as any newly emerging relevant platforms, as applicable.
2. Liaise with internal members of the firm including: PR, creative design, content marketing, business development as well as other extended members of the team, to ensure social media promotions are
strategically aligned with firm-wide content marketing campaigns and initiatives.
3. Serve as the firm’s centralized social media resource responsible for overseeing and maintaining a weekly editorial calendar of firm-wide social media posts, mapping out content based on priorities and
scheduling digital content including: thought leadership pieces (e.g. bylined articles, client alerts, videos and blogs, etc.) as well as events/awards, lateral hires, and additional ad-hoc firm-driven
requests, for publication via the Meltwater social media platform.
4. Maintain knowledge of any newly emerging social media platforms that should be on the firm’s radar from a strategic perspective, as well as serving as an internal social media expert resource to the firm.
5. Write, edit and curate engaging content for social promotion on behalf of the firm’s portfolio of clients across practices and industries.
6. Provides support in the research, planning, and the execution of content marketing campaigns. Leverage content, SEO, social media, and other inbound marketing tactics to generate website traffic and leads.
7. Manage project schedules and approval processes for collateral and electronic communication in collaboration with project managers, design team, practice group managers, and other stakeholders.
8. Maintain and regularly update collateral, including marketing materials, attorney bios, practice descriptions, and internal sales tools.
9. Support efforts to identify opportunities to reuse, repackage, and optimize content to maximize return on firm’s content investment.
10. On an as-needed basis, provide writing and editorial support in the development of awards submissions and responses to surveys and directories, such as Chambers, Legal500, and other outlets.
11. As needed, assist with practice-, industry, and office-related sponsorships, events, and memberships to facilitate business development, including the identification and measurement of the return on these
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communications.
2. 3-5+ years of relevant content marketing experience.
3. Experience working with inbound marketing tactics, such as blogging, public relations, SEO, link building, and email marketing campaigns.
4. Experience managing LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms.
5. Excellent communication skills, including ability to carefully edit and monitor text for correct grammar and punctuation.
6. Analytical eye for reporting on social media and campaign metric