An international law firm is seeking a WP Coordinator for the NY office.
Friday/Saturday/Sunday, 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
The Word Processing Coordinator provides seamless coverage when the WP Supervisor is absent or away from the work flow area.
In the event the WP Supervisor is absent, the Coordinator will assume the lead role at the work flow desk.
Word Processing Coordinators are also responsible for document work which requires advanced knowledge of a full range of word processing applications.
In addition, the Word Processing Coordinator is responsible for distributing, faxing, scanning, and copying documents as well as other responsibilities outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitor e-mail for work requests and respond in a timely manner
• Accept, log, and prioritize work requests
• Complete Request for Work form and record the request in the electronic log
• Prepare end of shift status report
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problematic jobs
• Check workstations in the Conference Center to ensure equipment is working and check that there are adequate supplies
• Take out of hours conference room reservation requests
• Answer Computer Support hotline calls when they are not available
• Check with Distribution Center for remaining work and review end of shift status report
• Distribute remaining work from previous shift to staff
• Check Conflicts database for active conflict requests
• Perform conflict searches when Word Processing is responsible during off-hours
• Monitor and resolve technical problems associated with work requests
• Check paper supply and order as necessary
• Monitor proofreading temps including a review of procedures and paperwork
• Monitor general cleanliness and appearance of the Word Processing area
• Check Word Processing equipment periodically: printers, pcs, mfps, and transcription hardware/software
• Advanced level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Acrobat X
• Considerable knowledge of and the ability to use computers and software applications currently being used at the Firm
• Effective communication and sound judgment
• Excellent attendance and punctuality
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and perform high level supervisory duties in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop appropriate and feasible solutions
• Ability to maintain personnel records and prepare reports and correspondence accurately and efficiently
• Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated ability to develop written reports, correspondence, and action plans
• Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Ability to comply with departmental procedures, practices and firm policies
• Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and staff,demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude
• Flexibility in daily schedule to accommodate unexpected situations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Maintain composure and able to cope with varied situations
• Ensure confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients documentation and information
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
• High school diploma or equivalent