New York, New York
$130000 - $150000
- RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Director of Benefits with the administration of employee benefits in all of the firm’s operations. Provide special guidance and support to all locations on a global scale regarding various legal and administrative staff benefit plans.
- Administer employee benefit programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and wellness plans.
- Survey the legal industry to determine the firm’s competitive position in employee benefits through market data analysis and firm-wide surveys.
- Develop, recommend, and install new or modified plans and employee benefit policies.
- Monitor cost control procedures to assure maximum coverage at the least possible cost to the firm and employees.
- Communicate plan provisions and structure on an ongoing (annual) and new hire basis, when necessary and requested.
- Account for the development, maintenance, and delivery of new hire orientation meetings. Ensuring effective communications of benefit programs for new lawyers and staff.
- Oversee the benefits of enrollment and open enrollment processes. Monitor the benefits-related components in the firm's HRIS system (Workday), and the firm’s intranet.
- Act as the primary liaison between the pension actuary, 401(k) record keeper, and the plan’s trustee and auditors. Ensure client service agreements with vendors, and manage outside vendor costs.
- Oversee all government filings (5500, etc.) for retirement plans, ensuring accurate and timely reporting as required by law.
- Manage overall 401(k) plan design, in coordination with ERISA counsel. Ensure all plan documents and amendments are accurate and current and made available to plan participants.
- Serve as the point of contact for plan participants and retirees. Respond to inquiries in a timely manner, and constantly seek ways to enhance communication with partners.
- Manage testing (non-discrimination and coverage)/actuarial funding valuations for all plans, as applicable. Coordinate with outside vendors as appropriate, and maintain procedural documentation records related to all plans.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise the preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies (i.e. Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies). Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Serve as a Workday HRIS super-user for the department (provide training to the Benefits Department, and provide technical support to end-users, etc.).
- Evaluate the firm’s benefits needs for the Workday HRIS system, and ensure that the system design continues to meet requirements while supporting the maintenance of the system as it relates to benefits administration.
- Develop wellness programs to present to management by studying employee wellness requirements and competitor wellness trends.
- Support the health and welfare functions of the department by auditing monthly bills and annual carrier census files.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, reports, and other tasks as needed.
- REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of Benefits experience. Preferably in a managerial capacity.
- Strong operational knowledge of Workday HRIS system.
- Experience with large law firms is highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong Excel skills (i.e. Vlookups, pivot tables, macros etc.).
- Experience maintaining confidential/sensitive information.
- Solid understanding of database design, structure, functions/processes, and analysis tools.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and possessing a high sense of urgency.
- Experience working through open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle.
- Strong understanding of benefits processes and data, including eligibility and enrollment rules/procedures.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a diverse & growth-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work weekends and overtime when needed.