Administrative Support Staff
$0 - $85000
In this capacity, the Conflicts Researcher will:
* Independently conduct thorough and accurate research of corporations, agencies and individuals listed as incoming parties to client/matters, or submitted with preliminary conflicts checks;
* Analyze and evaluate both the reference source research results and conflicts reports to determine whether conflicts-of-interest may exist with incoming parties;
* Independently inform attorneys and administrative staff as to whether potential or actual conflicts exist and propose the necessary steps to resolve; Consult with management on complex conflicts issues potentially requiring the further direction of the Professional Responsibility Committee or the Office of General Counsel;
* Update the corporate hierarchies or ``family trees'' in the Firm's conflicts database and billing database;
* Conduct pro-active research of mergers, acquisitions and potential bankruptcies using various business reference sources and record findings in the conflicts database;
* Analyze 'thrust-upon'' conflicts issues and propose resolutions to attorneys in consultation with the Professional Responsibility Committee or the Office of General Counsel;
* Research and process requests including close, reopen, client, matter, and mailing/contact change requests;
* Work overtime as required; and
* Handle additional Conflicts research and analysis projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (strongly preferred); and
* At least 2 years of research or Conflicts related experience (required).
* Intermediate-level proficiency in conflicts related computer operations and software programs;
* Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Word;
* Intermediate-level proficiency in business verbal and written communications; and
* Intermediate-level knowledge of research procedures and methodology.