Corporate Practice Specialist
Corporate Practice Specialist
New York, NY
$160000 - $200000
* Manage the work allocation process for Corporate associates, including coordinating with partners and other supervising attorneys to identify staffing needs.
* Allocate work to associates in an equitable manner, in line with partner and client needs and associates' professional development goals.
* Monitor associates' workload reports and actual utilization; ensure associates are completing workload reports and entering their billable and non-billable time in a timely fashion, and regularly conduct check-ins and follow up with associates as necessary.
* Coordinate with associates and partners to ensure appropriate coverage during associate vacations and leaves.
* Assist associates in the proper use of Department and Firm resources, including involvement in broadening the skill set and enhancing efficiency of junior lawyers through creation of additional development materials on an as-needed basis.
* Build rapport with and serve as a resource for Corporate associates, understanding their professional development goals, strengths and areas for improvement; liaise with the Corporate Practice Manager, Assigning Partners and Professional Development team as necessary to help resolve issues that affect work experiences.
* Generally support the Corporate Practice Manager in developing, overseeing and maintaining knowledge management and information sharing tools, as well as other duties relating to knowledge and practice management and broader Firm initiatives and strategic objectives, including increasing operational efficiencies, creating shared resources and associate training.
* Coordinate regular Department staffing meetings for associates with Assigning Partners and others, and help plan other events, trainings and initiatives to assist with Corporate associate morale and retention efforts.
* With Professional Development and Practice Management teams, help to facilitate onboarding and integration of lateral associates and new law clerks into the Department, ensuring they understand expectations and responsibilities.
* Ensure cross-office collaboration and integration of associates within the Department.
* Work with the Firm's Recruiting team, Assigning Partners and Corporate Practice Manger to allocate work to summer associates, and promote the Department to summer associates through training and other initiatives.
* Collaborate with the Department Co-Chairs, Assigning Partners, Corporate Practice Manager, and the Professional Development, Recruiting and Legal Personnel teams (and other departments at the firm that deal with associate life) to share best practices and associate feedback.
* Anticipate and proactively manage other related tasks as needed.
The successful candidate must be team-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to work independently, as well as possess the following characteristics:
* J.D. and 3+ years of experience practicing as a Corporate associate in a large law firm environment.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication and presentation skills with a service-oriented attitude.
* Ability to effectively communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative while informing and regularly consulting others on relevant matters.
* Ability to tolerate ambiguity and work under pressure while managing conflicting priorities.
* Ability to exercise good business judgment, accountability, flexibility and maintain confidential information at all times.
* High level of discretion and emotional intelligence.
* Ability to work in the New York Office on a hybrid schedule