Administrative Support Staff
New York, NY
$50000 - $65000
Essential Job Requirements:
- Serve as the voice and face of the firm.
- Answer and screen all incoming external and internal telephone calls in a welcoming and professional matter. Communicate clearly and effectively with all callers.
- Approach others in a tactful and professional manner; respond well under pressure; treat others with respect; accept responsibility for actions; follow through on commitments.
- Assist all clients and visitors and facilitate their arrivals and departures using appropriate technology and other means to provide accurate information. Notify attorneys of visitor arrivals promptly, with reminders if necessary. Guide visitors to appropriate conference rooms and/or visitor offices and provide light administrative support as requested.
- Act as a primary responder to security issues in a calm and professional manner and report issues to management appropriately.
- Provide a warm, welcoming environment for all clients and guests.
- Greet clients and guests politely by name, engaging with them, and escorting them to their meeting room.
- Ensure all requests are handled in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information and develop alternative solutions; use reason when dealing with emotional situations; and be able to manage changing circumstances quickly and calmly while being responsive to the needs of the clients and guests.
- Anticipate the needs and expectations of each individual client or guest and respond to extremely varied requests (e.g., offering an umbrella to a client/guest when it is raining).
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit openness to others’ viewpoints and ideas; contribute to building a positive team; commit to supporting co-workers and clients/guests.
- Improve and promote quality and a first class experience; demonstrate accurateness and thoroughness; follow all policies and procedures, apply feedback to continue to improve.
- Attend all necessary training including software(s) as required to perform job functions.
- Handle multiple tasks to include, but not limited to, event preparation such as envelope stuffing or name tag preparation, Excel projects, short correspondence, photocopying, mailing, and light assistant duties.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to change hours as necessary to accommodate events, meetings, firm holidays, weather and other types of emergencies; overtime as required.
- Professional appearance and strict adherence to firm’s required dress code for this position.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Relevant hospitality/administrative experience with high visitor and call volume.
- 45 wpm typing skills, good spelling and grammar, and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Strong organizational skills and calendar management skills.
- Resourceful in problem solving and meeting client/visitor needs.
- Professional appearance and outgoing positive demeanor.
- Ability to write, read and comprehend correspondences, memos, emails, and basic instructions.