Payroll HRIS Analyst
Payroll HRIS Analyst
$85000 - $0
* Responsible for the implementation, verification and support of all software upgrades to Workday and other systems supporting payroll.
* Instrumental in the design, implementation and support of new Workday Payroll functionality, particularly around both internal and external integrations.
* Performs Workday system analysis and consulting with technology team members and other stakeholders to offer solutions using best practices.
* Provides functional support to the technical team in systems development and resolves production issues and defects reported to ensure timeliness of wage payments.
* Provides system expertise, addresses risks and issues through effective contingency plans, proper escalation; prepares project schedules, and ensures requirements are addressed during enhancements/process re-engineering.
* Develops systems standards and procedures to promote efficiency and effectiveness.
* Responsible for Workday Payroll Integrations and error log as the Workday Pro (Payroll).
* Responsible for various interfaces such as time tracking, check printing, W2 and tax filing.
* Assists with employee training and work performance during upgrade testing and on special projects.
* Responsible for updating and maintaining all facets of Tax component of payroll software system.
* Responsible for W2 process including updating, reconciliation and distribution to all applicable attorneys and professional staff firm-wide.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
* Manages Firm resources responsibly.
* Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Thorough working knowledge of Workday Payroll processing with strong technical abilities to create custom reports, research out-of-balances, troubleshoot issues
* Thorough working knowledge with Workday implementation, support and maintenance projects
* Provide expertise for developing designing options and engaging with functional areas such as HCM, Compensation, Payroll, and future product direction
* Possess knowledge of current reporting functionality such as Dashboards, Discovery Boards, People Analytics, Worksheets, and Workday APIs
* Advise firm on standards and leading practices in Workday report design and development
* Test new and existing functionality of calculated fields and reports within Workday
* Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements
* Intermediate to Advanced skills in Excel (VLOOKUP, Formulas, Pivots)
* Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
* Excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
* Ability to lead a team of resources in support of both project and production environment
* Makes sound decisions on routine matters in support of immediate work group's goals
* Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrates close attention to detail
* Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
* Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
* Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
* Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
* Flexibility to travel
* Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
* Bachelor's Degree
* A minimum of four years related HRIS and Payroll (at a public company with multi-state payroll) experience with a minimum of two years' Workday experience