Administrative Support Staff
$55000 - $65000
• Greets clients and guests of the firm, cultivating a warm and professional atmosphere.
• Maintains the reservation scheduling system for our conference rooms.
• Receives and routes phone calls and deliveries.
• Reviews voicemails and reaches out to the appropriate party for handling.
• Assists with requests for videoconference set up.
• Plans menus and orders catering as needed.
• Helps maintain the appearance of the conference area, lobby, and conference pantries.
• Assists with the coordination of building services and registering guests with security.
• Performs special projects and tasks as directed.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills: One or more year(s) of receptionist experience preferred. Proficient computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You show great accuracy, attention to detail and good organizational skills. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake free.
Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
Flexibility: You are versatile and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a "no job too big, no job too small" attitude, and take a collaborative, team‐ focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to Firm tasks.
Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer‐service orientation and ability to work well within a team and are able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with employees, clients, and professionals.
Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
In addition, the successful candidate will be based in the New York area or willing to relocate.