Recruiting and DE&I Specialist
Recruiting and DE&I Specialist
New York, New York
$70000 - $95000
• Manage high volume interview scheduling for law students, lateral, clerkship and staff candidates.
• Ensure timely and professional correspondence with potential candidates, law schools and recruiters.
• Review applicant materials and work with junior members of the team to document and track all candidates through the recruiting process.
• Set up travel for prospective law student hires.
• Maintain and ensure accuracy of the Firm’s applicant tracking system by entering all submissions from recruiters, declines of candidates, interview information and schedules on a rolling basis.
• Support Firm’s summer program.
• Assist with on-campus recruiting tasks, recruiting events, and recruiting post offer lunches/dinners.
• Post job descriptions on firm website and external job boards as directed.
• Conduct market research on legal recruiting trends, stay up to date on legal hiring market and provide updates internally.
• Lead special projects as assigned by Recruiting and DE&I Director.
• Assist with planning and coordinating the Firm’s diversity, equity and inclusion programming, including support for the Firm's Equity & Inclusion Committee, along with creating, maintaining, and distributing related internal resources.
• Help to manage internal effectiveness efforts at the Firm, including through internal communications, programming, and events.
• Assist with completion of DE&I surveys, award submissions, reports, and other statistical information for firmwide communications, meetings, and other requests.
• Monitor industry DE&I data and assist with efforts for analyzing and reporting internal DE&I metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the firm’s DE&I strategy and initiatives.
• Aid in the effective engagement and ongoing relationship building with law schools and law student groups throughout the calendar year (e.g. panel presentations for 1Ls, events and sponsorship opportunities, communications, etc).
• Provide overall administrative support for diversity related tasks, initiatives, and events.
Bachelor’s degree required. At least 4+ years of relevant experience in a law firm.
Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake-free.
Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team.
Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours to assist with recruiting and diversity projects as assigned. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a "no job too big, no job too small" attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
In addition, the successful candidate will be:
• Tech-savvy and a highly capable user of Microsoft Office software, with strong Microsoft Excel knowledge a must. Knowledge of viGlobal applicant-tracking software, and/or website management a plus.
• Based in the New York area or willing to relocate.