$180000 - $0
As part of the Strategy team, you will help us to formulate and execute key strategic projects that are instrumental to delivering on our Firm’s 2025 vision of creating a distinctive client experience as well as develop future phases of the Firm’s strategy.
Under the direction of the Global Director of Strategy, you will collaborate with the Executive Committee (EC), Strategy Committee, relevant functional leaders, and strategy team to manage initiatives from strategy formulation to execution.
You will also work directly with select EC members to support and advise on special projects related to the management of the Firm.
Duties and Accountabilities1
As part of the Global Strategy team, you will work closely with internal stakeholders and external consultants. You would be expected to plan, lead and evaluate analysis to draw conclusions and develop insightful recommendations and solutions. To articulate your ideas, you would need to storyboard and design deliverable content; develop solid first drafts of deliverables that can be put in front of an executive audience; and develop relationships with relevant stakeholders, helping to give them strategic direction.
- Developing an understanding of legal ecosystems and how we can create value in dynamic ways leveraging them
- Defining trends across the legal market and competitive landscape and highlighting those that impact our vision and strategy
- Having a basic understanding of alternative delivery models and the core digital technologies that underpin the legal market
- Framing out issues and opportunities to advance the Firm and articulate them in a clear, concise manner
- Drafting road maps for execution and detailed financial business cases for change
- Having experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support
- Constructing and designing implementation strategies for profitable growth.
- Developing business and financial models utilizing Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Having the ability to work independently and lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Having strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Expert at managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Confident and able to work with and influence senior stakeholders
- Possess strong client-service delivery approach and excel at problem solving
- Able to utilize analytical skills to research and analyze issues
- Communicate well verbally and in writing
- Possess strong organizational skills and is detail oriented
Experience & Education
- A four year college degree plus a minimum of 6 years of full-time consulting or related experience
- MBA preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with other tools & systems such as SharePoint, Visio, MindMapper and similar is an advantage
Location and Reporting
- This is a hybrid in-office/remote role based in our New York office.
- This role reports to the Global Director of Strategy.