White Plains, New York
$70000 - $74000
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing financial data for the preparation of the Firm's U.S. and international tax returns, including but not limited to:
- Federal and State partnership tax returns as well as related K-1s
- U.S. composite and withholding returns/payments
- International tax returns
- Provides technical analysis and applications of U.S. and domestic partnership tax rules.
- Prepares research relevant to preparation of US Federal and State returns.
- Keeps abreast of relevant tax law developments and changes.
- Develops an expert working knowledge of the Firm's general ledger system to analyze, compile, and reconcile data.
- Assists with quarterly domestic and international tax filings, partner memorandums, and various reports using Excel spreadsheets and the Partner Accounting System.
- Analyzes and verifies partner taxes paid/withheld as well as partner allocations.
- Prepares quarterly tax withholdings, composite, local entity level tax, and filings as well as assist with quarterly Partner memoranda.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Strong working knowledge of U.S. and State partnership tax rules
Excellent analytical and tax technology skills with proficiency in tax accounting and compliance
Tax technical with the ability to think outside the box
Effective problem solver
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to execute complex functions (e.g., v/h-lookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
Demonstrates close attention to detail
Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
Ability to organize and prioritize work
Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team
Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs
Minimum of two years of related experience