An independent full service law firm is seeking an Assistant Facilities Manager for the NY office. Assistant Facilities Manager is responsible for the overall supervision of day-to-day Facilities operations and coordination of Facilities functions, including office maintenance, security, Mailroom, Hostess, Reception, Records and conference areas. Responsible for supporting long-range facilities plans and projects based on Firm’s growth and future facility needs. Maintain contact with attorneys, staff and clients and observes confidentiality of client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Serve as initial point of contact for day-to-day Facilities, office security and maintenance issues and requests. Provide prompt identification, investigation, response, and resolution to facility issues.
2. Monitor and supervise the activities of outsourced vendors in the delivery of all required workplace services and serve as contact with the landlord/property management function. This includes, but is not
limited to, overseeing all maintenance services such as engineering, janitorial, specialty cleaning, pest control, housekeeping, HVAC, lighting, telecom, installations, duplication equipment, horticultural,
extermination, painting, safety and security services. Ensure safe work environment, manage warranty repairs, and execution of preventive maintenance programs.
3. Oversee the implementation of established maintenance contracts to ensure services are performed at the contracted time, terms and conditions. Enforce established service levels, keeping in mind the needs of
4. Manage the coordination and facilitation of all in-house events. Provide direction for break-down and set-up, catering and building requirements. Coordinate Facilities coverage and ensure that administrative
departments (IT, Audiovisual, CLE, Marketing) are notified, when applicable.
5. Provide support for budgeting processes including annual planning, forecasting and developing recommendations for the office. Pursue quotes/estimates for long-range Facilities projects.
6. Monitor and maintain Firm’s lighting and security systems and associated contracts for vendor compliance. Coordinate regular audits of systems for accuracy.
7. Assist Manager with coordination, documentation and implementation of all security, emergency preparedness, business continuity, fire safety and evacuation procedures. Regularly update fire safety and
CPR/AED team listing. Provide training and encouragement to volunteers to foster continued participation.
8. Supervise all phases of office moves, external moves to/from other firms, new hire or departure set-ups.
9. Complete minor repairs throughout the office, address lock issues, assemble/relocate furniture or equipment, inspect thermostats, ice machines, refrigerators, respond to copier/printer issues or escalate
issues to maintenance vendor and supervise general housekeeping tasks performed my staff.
10. Additional responsibilities as required.
1. Supervise the daily operation of the Office Services team, to include Mailroom, Hostess and Reception. Provide supplemental overview and monitoring of the Records Department.
2. Assist Facilities Manager with managing workflow issues, enhancing services and communicating processes through proactive planning and follow up. Document and implement service level standards, standard
operating procedures and process improvements in each area.
3. Provide leadership and direction to the team, to include coaching, training and professional development.
4. Conduct periodic and annual evaluation, monitor employee performances and prepare related documentation for employee files, as necessary.
5. Schedule staff absences and coverage, assignment delegation, workflow and priority schedules.
6. Additional responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience managing the Facilities/Office Services function and staff in a law firm or professional services organization.
• General knowledge of building systems, HVAC, electrical and mechanical, required.
• General handyman or minor carpentry experience.
• Exceptional customer service and people skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Superior vendor management skills. Possess an excellent understanding of contract and service level agreement standards and language.
• Outstanding communication, organizational and project management skills; effective problem-solving abilities and the ability to exercise sound judgement.
• Computer proficiency with MS Office.
• Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours in order to meet the demands of the role.
• Performs related duties as required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
• Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or other professional licenses or certification, a plus.