Our client, a non profit organization, is seeking out a Copywriter/Editor.
The copywriter/editor will be responsible for writing all U.S. communications to promote the agency in order to attract, engage, convert and retain
American donors and influencers. This role will be responsible for creating a writing style and flow for a variety of different target audiences. All written communications will help the U.S. marketing team better connect with generous partners and direct donors, provide development officers with fundraising materials and develop content for
materials used in acquiring new funding sources.
At a high level, the role:
• Is about creating the right message for the right target audience at the right time at scale
• Revolves around the mission of the agency.
The Copywriter/Editor, U.S. Marketing will collaborate with the Director of U.S. Marketing (based in NY)
to develop a strategic plan for various forms of content through the management of the content
calendar. This role will work with the U.S. Marketing Manager (based in Israel) to identify stories to
develop for the various marketing channels.
• Manage and fulfill needs of the content calendar.
• Write clear, engaging and creative copy for direct mail, e-mails, website, letters, and other channels
• Collaborate with the U.S. Marketing Manager to source stories to create and maintain content for the
department’s editorial calendar.
• Develop a messaging style guide to establish a voice for the agency’s audience segments.
• Write stories in line with the editorial calendar for use in enewsletters, blogs and social media. In this
effort, oftentimes conduct interviews, pursue interesting narratives and/or source impact statistics.
• Collaborate with Marketing team members and other internal departments globally to promote the
agency through storytelling and impact.
• Own the content aspect of digital presence for American audiences.
• Collaborate with the U.S. Marketing Manager to brainstorm and write social media post copy
• Assist in the production of key pieces for development officers (i.e. fundraisers) and any materials
that directly support donor relations working with Financial Resource Development (FRD).
• Edit marketing copy to correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and syntax. Polish and
rewrite copy as necessary to clarify meaning or conform to style guidelines and editorial policies.
• Meet the organization’s writing style and standards, maintaining a consistent voice across all
• Is an expert in creative writing with an ability to apply this skill to promote The Jewish
The selected candidate is a skilled marketer. S/he is passionate about Zionist values and the connection
between the Jewish people and Israel.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications or related field.
• 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in promotional marketing and communications with
demonstrated success in the non-profit or for-profit sector.
• An eye for detail and expert knowledge of grammar and style.
• Demonstrated proofreading skills.
• Familiarity with writing for fundraising efforts.
• Deep understanding of audience segmentation, positioning, branding, messaging and direct
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with others and be part of a team.
• Proficiency in Hebrew a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Office.
• Candidates will be requested to show a portfolio showing a range, versatility and talent in crafting a
variety of marketing copy. This should also include context for the reach of each written sample.