The Director of Human Resources administers and develops the Firm’s human resources operations and
employee benefits programs. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for staff recruitment and
labor relations, and will ensure that the administrative team effectively and proactively meets all client and
office needs, enabling the Firm to pursue its strategic objectives and business goals. The primary activities
of the position include handling onboarding and transition activity for all employees, management of a
comprehensive employee benefit program, administration of compensation and employee evaluations, as well
as coordination of various employee events. This professional will serve as a key business partner reporting
to the Chief Operating Officer, while working closely with the Managing Partner and Chief Financial Officer,
and will be responsive to the Firm as a whole.
• HR Management: Provide oversight of the Firm’s policies & procedures, ensure that the firm maintains
a compliant and integrated human resources operation that supports the attraction, development and
retention of the highest caliber legal and administrative talent for the firm. This includes the strategies,
policies and systems for legal and staff recruiting, retention, development and employee relations.
• Benefits Operations: Maintain all aspects of health insurance and related benefits programs to
determine optimum arrangements and full regulatory compliance. Work with retirement plan
committee to oversee 401(k) profit sharing plan and handle administration for enrollments, distributions
and annual plan filings, as well as overseeing the annual plan audit.
• Firm Culture: Facilitate the development, and maintain the cohesiveness of the Firm’s collegial,
collaborative, team-oriented culture. Sustain camaraderie among the administrative team and with the
Firm’s attorneys, by managing activities, including events such as a summer outing and holiday party.
Maintain current awareness of needs and expectations of millennials and new employees, and work
with COO and Managing Partner to ensure space design, hours of operation and remote working are
thoughtfully integrated into the environment.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• A bachelor’s degree is required, with preference for a master’s degree.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources, with preferably 5 years of experience in a
law firm, professional services or other client relationship-based environment.
• A track record of working effectively in a fast-paced, multi-authority environment, including indirectly
managing groups of multi-disciplined employees in various departments and business functions.
• A polished, professional presence that engenders trust and confidence from all members of the
organization. Proactive, personable and diligent.
• Exceptional diplomatic skills and ability to work with a true partnership in a professional services
• Demonstrated experience identifying needs and driving change in a positive manner that ensures
consistently polished client service, even during changes in process or procedure.
• Excellent writing, presentation and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment in human resources matters, making decisions and
acting on them when appropriate, as well as knowing when to instead ask and consult with others.
• The ability to establish credibility quickly and build one-on-one relationships with senior leadership,
seeking to understand their issues and goals, and working with them individually to gain their support
for related issues.
• Excellent time management and project management skills, combined with the ability to manage
competing priorities in a calm, collected manner.
• The ability to embrace organizational goals and promote those ideas and any changes with
enthusiasm and compelling arguments.
• Proficient in current versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other industry used technology
• Ethical and trustworthy; consistently demonstrates good judgment.
• Collegial, with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Well organized and sufficiently methodical, such that others can easily follow.
• Proactive, independently motivated and self-directed.
• The ability to lead initiatives alone or in collaboration with others