Investment firm in NYC is seeking a Deputy Head of Corporate General Services for their midtown office.
The candidate is to assume the role of a “ Deputy Corporate General Services Manager” which includes but not limited to Facilities Management with primary responsibility to assist the Global Head of Corporate General Services in ensuring effective supervision of the premises’ physical security, facilities and general services staff and functions including the stationery, mail room, drivers, contract management with various vendors, health and safety legislation, global facilities insurance, office leases and vendor management negotiations, office relocations and refurbishments that include expansion options with concept design, work place strategies and analysis, staff planning requirements for the seven current offices . Incumbent must possess strong industry experience, must be business value focused, workplace focused facility performance and cost focused
Manage the security function, including training and direction of security staff both in-house and contract, as well as building security so as to promote a secure working environment. Deal with Security consultants to ensure timely reporting of events globally that could potentially affect our staff.
Supervise the maintenance and upkeep of the building fabric, premises, fixtures and fittings to the highest standards whilst ensuring a safe working environment at all times. This is to include all mechanical & electrical equipment in and around the seven office premises as well as supervisory oversight on all outsourced/contracted staff from maintenance/cleaning agency, reviewing and approving vendor contracts (106 at present), Involvement in refurbishments of offices, office relocations, sublets etc.
Supervise all support units within the function consisting of stationery, car fleet, courier, freight, equipment, catering, hotel and airlines management, in-house travel agents, messengers and outsourcing. This also includes the support to staff orientation, relocation, office moves, projects and corporate events.(Board meetings, Investors Conference, Shareholders meetings etc.)
Health & Safety
Supervise the implementation of approved health and safety procedures. Ensure effective communication and consultation with representatives on health and safety matters. Support and maintain effective Fire Warden and First Aid training including Emergency Evacuation. Fire drills must be conducted at least once a year in each respective office.
Supervise two in-house support staff in the New York office, ensuring that they achieve maximum productivity and effectiveness through onsite cross training and external course’s according to company policy and any local relevant legislation. Maintain and develop a structure within the Team with clearly defined responsibilities and objectives so as to ensure succession planning to protect future performance
• Administer the supervision of the premises, assets, fixtures and fittings to company standards.
• Administer the supervision of the artwork inventory to include physical checks and insurance valuations
• Administer the supervision of the upgrading of Building Security, including Security officers, CCTV, Access Control, Policies & Procedures (Assignment Instructions)
• Establish and maintain cordial relationships with external support services companies
• Assist in the day to day negotiation and supervision of all the Facilities, Security & General Services, Insurance, catering, travel agents, airlines, hotel contracts and other various contracts etc.
• Assist the Global Head Corporate General Services with the planning, coordinating and the overseeing of building refurbishment and renovation projects including liaising with external contractors and special
projects related to internal/external moves.
• Assist with the record keeping of all electrical, mechanical and building drawing files including building maintenance and changes. Perform an annual “ Power Shutdown day at the main office”
• Assist with the support service requirements to visitors to the various offices by arranging transportation & organizing office seating arrangements
• Assist with meeting set-ups & the dismantling of any meeting logistics required. Check invoices from contractors and suppliers to ensure correct costing has been applied before approval and prepare capital
expenditure forms for approval, complete fixed asset forms
• Assist with organization of client and staff functions and events, both in-house and at external venues, in terms of manpower logistics and transportation.
• Supervise the storage of furniture & equipment and records retention and maintain an inventory of all furniture and equipment held in storage and assist with the disposal of surplus stocks as and when
• Assist the Corporate General Services with the planning and organization of all internal moves and changes
• Hold regular facilities related contract and service providers’ coordination meetings to ensure best in class on services provided. Ensure RFP is done at least once every two years.
• Manage owned and leased office equipment. Maintain a small stock of spare appliance/air-conditioning/electrical/plumbing fittings and materials
• Assist with the upkeep of the Document Retention Program in accordance with the regulators requirements /internal policy. Have a destruction retention program globally.
• Assist with car park liaison, leases and the allocation of parking spaces to staff and visitors
• Assist with orientation programs to include Island familiarization and property search for new expat hires
• Organize and implement Fire Marshal Training and Staff Fire Awareness programs
• Assist with First Aid / Fire Warden training
• Ensure that Car fleet maintenance ( leased or owned) is carried out as per the dealers directions including daily checks before use to include records of registration, service and insurance documentation for
all the six offices
• Maintain and correctly account for the Petty cash Maintain and correctly account for the personal postage and courier payments
• Ensure that the Global Head of Corporate General Services & the Facilities team are kept appraised of all current issues & activities
• Ensure that drivers overtime is managed and controlled well, as well as their vacation records
• Maintain a record of all safes, locks & keys issue register, as well as offsite safe
• Perform ad-hoc duties that may be assigned from time to time.