Seeking a Benefits Coordinator for a top law firm.
The Benefits Coordinator assists the Benefits Manager and the Manager of Human Resources with day-to-day functions of the Human Resources Department. This is full-time/non-exempt position. Monday through Friday, 9:30AM to 5:30PM with overtime flexibility as needed.
• Assist in the administration of Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Workers’ Compensation, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, 401(k), Profit Sharing, FMLA, PFL and COBRA.
• Handle: Enrollments, terminations, changes and communication to participants
• Preparation of monthly invoices
• Preparation of semi-monthly 401(k) and flexible spending account wires o Coordination of wellness programs and open enrollment meetings
• Maintain benefits and personnel data on ADP Workforce Now (HRIS) as well as compile reports from database.
• Conduct new hire orientations and assist with the onboarding process.
• Assist in resolving administrative issues pertaining to insurance coverage, premiums and claims.
• Responsible for maintaining physical benefit files up-to-date.
• Effectively communicate company policies to new hires and existing staff, as needed.
• Prepare semi-monthly payroll communication to notify the Accounting Department of new hires, terminations, salary adjustments, overtime, unpaid time off, FMLA/STD, W-4/IT-2104 changes, and benefit enrollments.
• Serve as back up to the Human Resources Generalist and Human Resources Coordinator.
• Provide ongoing support to the Human Resources team and handle special projects as assigned.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and pivot tables is a plus.
• Posses strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
• 3 to 5 years’ of experience in Human Resources or Benefits.
• Law firm experience is preferred.
• Benefits experience required.