Mid-size Long Island law firm seeks a Human Resources Generalist who is bright, outgoing and self-motivated. Candidate must have relevant HR or industry background. This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Manages open enrollment for medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401k and other health and welfare benefits, process all benefits enrollment paperwork, conduct benefits orientation for new hires.
• Liaison between employee and insurance carriers to resolve benefit issues.
• Responsible for processing and monitoring of monthly insurance bills.
• Responsible for processing disability, FMLA & PFL packages and communicating information to staff.
• Responsible for administering Cobra program. Maintain and update records and processing of Cobra checks.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating retiree medical records and processing of retiree insurance checks.
• Responsible for conducting new employee on-boarding and off-boarding.
• Assist with full cycle recruitment, including sourcing resumes, phone screens, initial interviews, reference and background checks, and conducting new hire orientations.
• Assist attorney hiring committee with scheduling of interviews of attorney candidates.
• Assists with the performance evaluation program.
• Maintain and update employee records on HRIS employee recordkeeping system (new hires, terminations, benefit information, salary changes, etc.);
• Track vacation/absences.
• Responsible for administering and conducting salary and benefit surveys, as necessary
• Assist with firm events, as necessary.
• Assist Human Resources Manager, as necessary.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Resources, business, or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years performing generalist human resource functions, including compliance, recruitment, and employee benefits preferably in a law firm setting.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Intermediate Excel skills required), HRIS, and payroll systems; experience using ADP Workforce Now, a must.
• Maintain competencies and understanding in governmental legal compliance requirements (ADA, FLSA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA) and ability to apply in specific scenarios.
• Must be willing to travel to other office locations, as necessary.
• Must be energetic, self-motivated, fast learner, accountable, team player, highly organized, and have a professional attitude and take pride in work and personal responsibility in the work produced.
• Superb follow up abilities; taking initiative
• Excellent communication and writing skills, along with basic arithmetic calculations.