The Junior Collections Coordinator will be responsible for client collections including contacting clients directly for payment of outstanding bills and keeping responsible attorneys abreast of potential collection problems. The scope of the role requires strong skills in customer service, decision making, relationship building, and communication.
•Works with a group of high profile/complex lawyers and clients to expedite collection of the firm’s accounts receivable balances. Ensures that receivables are realized at as close to 100% as possible and collected in a timely manner in accordance with stated firm policy.
•Identify and oversee the collections of client account balances that may be “at risk”. Work with clients, management, and other revenue team members to ensure those receivables are resolved and/or escalated in a timely manner.
•Routinely communicate with Billing Coordinators and attorneys to understand issues that may result in delays in payment or poor realization of firm receivables. Researching client payment histories
•Analyzing and preparing historical collection trend analysis
•Monitoring payment plans
•Identifying receivables and write-offs of aged or otherwise uncollectible invoices or transfer to suspense
•Contacting the clients directly for payment of outstanding bills
•Coordinates the resolution of billing issues, involving paper and e-billed invoices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
•Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required, higher degree preferred.
•Minimum two years’ experience with professional services time and billing software such as Elite Enterprise is preferred. And collections software such as ARCS 2G.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a professional services environment (legal, accounting, consulting, engineering, etc.) working in a Finance department collections role.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Excel spreadsheets required.
• Excellent verbal, written, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates exemplary customer service while always mindful of process improvement.
• Assertive, proactive, courteous and professional. Responds timely to requests for assistance.
• Prioritizes, handles multiple tasks simultaneously and is flexible.
• Has a keen eye for detail and can readily identify issues that will impede a process.
• Demonstrates initiative, an analytical thought process, critical thinking and a consistent ability to identify and communicate opportunities to improve existing processes.
• Accurate and timely with completion of all tasks.
• Thorough and follows through on assigned projects and tasks.
• Works in a team environment and collaborates with others across the firm.