A top financial firm is see a legal secretary temp to assist in their legal department.
• Answer phone lines, manage attorney calendars, schedule internal and external meetings, mail and
messenger documents. Interface with all levels of personnel across the Firm and with external parties.
• Handle high volume of documentation work, including editing, printing, collating and scanning. Draft and edit
correspondence, memoranda and other documentation in Word and Adobe, work with Excel spreadsheets, create
presentations in PowerPoint, run document comparisons.
• Prepare documentation for transaction closings, obtain signatures from Firm signatories and handle delivery of final
• Prepare materials for meetings and ensure team arrives for meetings on time.
• Responsible for document management, including electronic and physical files.
• Expense reports; track attorney CLE.
• Coordinate travel arrangements.
• Back up administrative coverage for General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer.
• Update Legal Team information logs and databases (e.g., legal entity information; counterparty information) and
• Manage electronic, web-based invoicing system for external law firms. Run reports on legal spending.
Hours: 8:30-6:00 pm, with flexibility to work overtime as needed
• College degree,
• Professional, friendly demeanor and strong interpersonal skills a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to recognize and handle sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
• Strong computer skills are a requirement. Substantial experience with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word,
Excel and PowerPoint), Adobe, SharePoint, Document Management System (iManage/Autonomy), Document
comparisons and electronic billing or other web-based systems a plus.
• Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects in a demanding environment.
• Must be a team player who works well under pressure, demonstrates resourcefulness and follow-through and ability
to independently conclude projects and assignments reliably.
• Must operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, complex business.
• Flexibility to work overtime is required.