An international businees focused law firm is seeking a Practice Development and Communications Coordinator
The Practice Development and Communications Coordinator (Coordinator) works closely with the Practice Development Managers to support the marketing and business development efforts of various practice groups across all firm offices. This Coordinator’s time is divided into two major activities: (1) supporting the practice development activities of the managers and (2) supporting the communications needs of the firm.
Practice Development Support:
The Coordinator works under the supervision of a manager but is responsible for spearheading assigned projects and coordinating all activities associated with those projects. The Coordinator is expected to understand and help improve the department’s procedures, tools and initiatives and to keep team members and supervisors informed on the status of projects. The ideal candidate understands the legal industry; is experienced in providing proactive problem-solving to busy attorneys; is a strong writer and communicator; and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Coordinator will provide support on pitches, RFPs and other practice group-driven materials.
The Coordinator works with the firm’s lawyers and members of the Marketing Department to enhance the firm’s internal and external communications. Key responsibilities include social media support, website support and internal communications as assigned.
This position reports to a Practice Development Manager and collaborates closely with all other managers in the department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Works with Practice Development Managers to coordinate marketing and business development initiatives for specific practice groups across the firm’s offices; this includes drafting and
producing marketing proposals and RFP responses, including content development, final document preparation and follow-up
· Edits, maintains and updates practice-specific pages of the firm website and intranet, as well as marketing collateral and attorney bios; drafts, reviews and contributes to key messaging and
content of brochures and other collateral materials, including directory submissions
· Works with other marketing team members to identify and coordinate appropriate practice group business development initiatives, such as seminars and trade shows, newsletters, presentations
and other events
· Manages the day-to-day activities associated with these initiatives with moderate supervision
· Maintains current and accurate case lists, descriptions, case studies and client lists for use in marketing and business development efforts
· Provides research support for various initiatives utilizing research subscriptions and databases. Prepares submissions to legal directories such as Chambers and Legal 500
· Maintains practice-specific databases, including RFP database, experience database (including deal lists and League Table rankings as necessary) and others as required
· Utilizes firm resources to complete administrative tasks
· Assists with special projects as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
· Thorough knowledge of the Marketing Department and its overall purpose and objectives, and the ability to complete moderately complex assignments independently
· Ability to set day-to-day priorities based on incoming requests and overall objectives of the firm and the requesting party, as well as to anticipate issues and opportunities and address
them with little or no supervision
· Ability to identify and effectively use data, experience and judgment to formulate realistic and sound points of view and effectively communicate the same to team members and attorneys
Qualifications & Required Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field required
· A minimum of five years of demonstrated success in a law firm or professional services firm required
· Previous experience supporting a corporate practice group in a law firm is a plus
· Must be a self-starter who thrives on juggling numerous, high-visibility projects on tight time schedules, is capable of handling significant pressure and is detail oriented
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and a collegial, collaborative approach are critical to success; poise, tact and professionalism when interacting with
internal and external contacts are essential
· Successful candidates will have strong-to-advanced technological skills in the Microsoft suite of products as well as with applications specific to the legal industry. Working knowledge of
LexisNexis® InterAction, LexisNexis® Courtlink, PACER, S&P Capital IQ, Bloomberg and LexisNexis® atVantage preferred.
· It is preferred that this person have working familiarity with HTML and basic website technology platforms such as SiteCore.