Job Summary: Processing all incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data. Doing the positive pay and transferring funds from the old escrow account to the new escrow account on a regular basis. Preparation of journal entries by compiling, analyzing, and substantiating financial transactions, to ensure the accuracy of our accounts. Reconcile various accounts as requested. Research, track and resolve accounting problems. Posting cash receipts and Electronic funds transfers. Resolving discrepancies with invoices, charge backs and write offs or A/R unbilled time. Preparing estimated tax allocations for partner’s CPA’s. Maintain fixed asset maintenance and calculation of depreciation/amortization-SAGE software. Point person on G/L account analysis and assisting with outside auditors. Troubleshooting accounting issues as they arise and being able to perform all the functions of the Treasury department and the Escrow Department
Reports directly to the CFO. Functions include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing & sending out incoming checks and wires to the various departments within the firm.
• Responsible for Balancing wires, checks and drawdowns by the end of the day.
• Responsible for Bank reconciliations for the Operating Account, the disbursement account, the exchange account.
• Maintain daily check register for upload into the bank for positive pay and disposition items as necessary.
• Responsible for the transfer of all incoming funds from the old escrow account into the new escrow account.
• Assist attorneys with questions regarding incoming payments
• Doing write-offs and reversals to assist other departments with reconciling accounts
• Point person on coordinating General Ledger analysis and adjustments to reconcile accounts
• Maintain fixed asset maintenance and calculate depreciation/amortization – SAGE software
• Point person with outside auditors on bank reconciliations and specific g/l and balance sheet accounts.
• Preparing estimated tax allocation worksheets for partners and partner’s accountants. • Cross trained on all aspects related to functions handled by Treasury coordinator and escrow
department. The role deals with Controller, CFO, internal departments and attorneys The ideal candidate is
• Foster a good working relationship with teammates, management and vendors(E)
• Working knowledge in reconciliation and various accounting functionalities (E)
Job Qualifications: College Degree Preferred; Elite – preferably version 3E; Elite Enterprise; MS Applications – Excel; Word; PP and Outlook