Leading international firm has an opening for a Manager, Talent Management in our New York office. This position reports to the Director, Talent Management.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
The Manager, Talent Management provides a broad range of talent management services globally in support of the firm’s growth strategies. Facilitates the execution of Talent Management (TM) Centers of Excellence (COE) initiatives, including core human resources areas such as talent management, acquisition, performance, development, leadership and career coaching, workforce management and analytics, employee relations, compensation and benefits, TM operations, diversity, culture and organizational effectiveness strategies. Systematically applies project management, analysis and process principles to ensure efficiency and impact on talent management goals and deliverables.
Talent Management: With guidance from the Director, executes TM strategies consistently across the firm. Engages and fully participates in programs and processes to drive client outcomes
while collaborating with Centers of Excellence (COE). Promotes diversity efforts throughout all TM initiatives.
Acquisition: Collaborates with Talent Acquisition, local TM, leaders and the Firm’s employment counsel; executes talent needs assessment, and actively engages and participates in the
Performance, Development, Leadership and Career Coaching: Performs talent assessments and engages the organization to thoroughly understand the firms most highly coveted resources. Consults
with all levels of leaders to understand their strengths, areas of opportunity and career path. High potential and high performers are understood by leadership. Provides guidance on employee
relations and performance management issues (e.g., coaching, discipline, termination). Works with the Director to ensure leaders proactively assess, communicate and manage performance and
development and accurately reflects this assessment throughout the year in conversations and within the performance management tool.
Workforce Management and Analytics: Considers business needs and assures staffing by practice and/or functional area. Consults with leaders on internal (cross department/office) and external
assignments and secondment engagements.
Compensation and Benefits: Collaborates with compensation and benefits team to deliver targeted programs in alignment with the firm’s Talent Management philosophies. Works with the Director
to execute various compensation and benefit programs.
TM/HR Operations: Project manages various related HR or TM projects as assigned. Set objectives and action plans, prepares and delivers presentations, ability to mobilize and motivate key
stakeholders, manages competing priorities and work assignments, effectively handles conflict and crucial conversations in a timely and thoughtful manner. Prepares and analyzes reports,
produces metrics and key performance indicators. Makes decisions based on data driven outcomes and communicates trends and opportunities.
Culture and Organizational Effectiveness: Engages in the organization at all levels to ensure thorough understanding of the organization. Shares these insights proactively with the Director,
TM, and TM colleagues to ensure optimal strategies for PH culture and market competitiveness. Considers and provides input to strategies and practices to ensure it drives the right behaviors
to support firm desired culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred;
• At least 5-8 years’ experience in a similar role. Demonstrated multi-discipline (generalist) experience in core HR/TM functional areas;
• At least 5-8 years’ of experience in a client-centric environment (professional services preferred);
• Proven talent in assessing opportunities for organizational improvement, identifying gaps, and creating opportunities that drive business results;
• Exceptional ability to consult, influence and negotiate;
• Strong Business Acumen;
• Change Management Skills;
• Advanced Process, Project and Time Management Skills;
• Advanced Analytical and Problem Solving Skills;
• Team Player; highly collaborative;
• Exercises a high level of sensitivity and sophisticated judgment when working with confidential employment related documents. Maintains strict confidentiality with regard to all employee-
• Advanced-level writing skills;
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
• Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and employment laws.