A top law firm in NYC is seeing a Financial Analyst
• Create “ad hoc” reports in response to information requests, for example:
o Business Development / RFP information
o Reports related to financial performance, utilization, revenue, etc.
o Charts and graphs for executive-level presentations
o Submissions for industry surveys and award applications
• Plan, create, and publish “canned” reports for frequent requests, for example:
o Reports related to the client billing and collection process
o Tools to assist with the Business Development and rate submission process
o Metrics for measuring performance, utilization, revenue, etc.
o Tools for budgeting and managing expenses
• Work with the Financial Systems Analysts to create databases, Excel macros, websites, and other resources to streamline the ad hoc and canned reports.
• Research, curate, scrutinize, and sanitize data related to the firm’s business processes.
• Assist with the processing of data for month-end balancing, integrity checks, financial audits, and similar business needs.
• Perform routine tasks as required to maintain, process, and report the firm’s business-related data.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or similar.
• A technical aptitude and an appreciation for gathering and analyzing data.
• Experience creating analytical spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
• The ability to collaborate and work well with team members, other accounting groups, the IT department, and other firm personnel.
• A familiarity with the concepts of relational databases.
• Experience working with BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Cognos, etc.) a plus.