$80000 - $100000
* Print and distribute Proformas. Follow-up with Billing Partner regarding unbilled charges, especially those over 30 days.
* Prepare monthly narrative and detailed bills. Carefully observe and apply discounts ensuring adherence to client requirements; check discounts applied by the accounting system; follow up with partner/reviewer to ensure timely review and transmittal to clients.
* Edit time records, maintain and file documentation for adjustments in a timely manner; develop awareness of repetitive adjustments; suggest ways to improve the time-keeping and adjustment process.
* Send bills to clients via mail or email attachments, as well as submitting bills electronically using client-assigned vendors. In cases where the Partner sends out bills directly, ensuring the communication sent along with the bills are provided to accounting or that accounting is cc'd when sending.
* Manage workflow and coordinate and monitor the activity of administrative assistants who have access to directly edit time entries and distribute bills to clients
* Work with rate tables and client arrangements. Maintain information with respect to client-specific rates, discounts, disallowed charges and required task coding.
* Separately as it relates to electronic billing, manage submission of timekeepers for rate approvals; communicate and troubleshoot billing issues with attorneys/administrative assistant; track bill rejections and coordinate resubmissions; track timing of approval and payment of bills.
* Actively monitor client receivables and aging thereof. Work with management to monitor unallocated funds and expedite application to WIP and AR.
* Maintain professional and consistent communications with the firm's clients regarding their billing.
* Act as a resource to the billing department to provide ad hoc and standard reporting for requests that come from clients and partners. Learn and utilize the reporting tool Tableau and combined with Excel become the go to person for client billing related requests. Liaise with Financial Systems group for assistance and training when needed.
* Provide support and assistance to fellow billing coordinators as needed.
* Additional duties as requested.
* Four year college degree
* Experience working in a billing department for a law firm or professional services firm. Experience working with Elite or 3E
* Knowledge of Word and Advance knowledge of Excel
* Ability to work with limited supervision and follow up on problem
* Ability to recommend and implement solutions
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Demonstrate good judgement and initiative
* Strong math skills
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills a plus
* Work well in a team environment
* A self-starter and have the ability to self-motivate