Billing Team Lead
Billing Team Lead
$125000 - $130000
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage, perform and oversee billing functions, assuring work is completed accurately and effectively within defined deadlines including pre-bills, invoices, and alternative fee arrangements.
· Maintain hands-on knowledge of all billing-related functions in order to provide proper training, backup, and support including, but may not be limited to, bill preparation, bill review, pre-bill review, WIP management, on account management, write off management, eBilling, and special rate management.
· Communicate clearly and concisely with partners and legal secretaries to ensure that bills are prepared as per instruction.
· Manage day to day tasks in an environment with shifting priorities.
· Prepare account summaries; provide high-level analysis and critical data to attorneys, clients, and management.
· Work closely with eBilling team to ensure accurate submittal of eBills and the prompt resolution of client disputes and appeals.
· Conduct training sessions with billing team members, secretaries, and other legal support staff.
· Participate in system upgrades and testing.
· Work with the pricing and rate administration team in the application of billing arrangements and design and develop invoicing templates that meet client needs.
· Identify and escalate issues found in the billing arrangement database for correction.
· Respond to requests and inquiries outside core hours.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 7 years of advanced billing experience in an AmLaw 50 firm.
· Strong MS Excel and Word skills.
· Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
· Must be able to work well under pressure.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; be able to communicate clearly and concisely with senior management and partners.
· Must have flexibility to work outside core hours.
· Experience with Aderant and SRS Reporting.