Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
$175000 - $200000
* Work closely with the LD&R Leadership and individual partners and lawyers, to become familiar with their offerings, clients, and markets to advise on the most effective marketing approaches.
* Support the L&DR leaders and group members in developing business plans with corresponding marketing and strategic plans; managing the execution of these plans.
* Assist lawyers with the preparation of capability statements and tailored client proposals; writing and/or maintaining business development materials such as practice group descriptions and lawyer biographies; identifying cross-selling opportunities, new potential clients, and areas of business; and conducting competitor, client and marketplace analysis.
* Act as a strategic advisor to lawyers in developing and implementing strategic plans, conducting occasional relationship and matter reviews, and organizing and delivering value-added services such as thought leadership seminars, client training and conference sponsorships.
* Support new lateral partners and lawyers to successfully integrate them into the Firm on, working with laterals and newly promoted partners on the development of their individual business plans and execution of ongoing business development needs.
* Support partners in developing and implementing strategic plans for targeting specific industry sectors and managing sector teams.
* Identify opportunities to position and raise the profile of the L&DR practice and partners; assisting with the organization of client events/seminars (and staffing events where appropriate); drafting annual submissions for relevant legal directories; supporting the production of client communications including newsletters, brochures, contact cards and advertisements, etc.; developing and maintaining content for website and intranet; and assisting with the production and distribution of client briefings and other thought leadership materials.
* Collaborate with our Communications & PR colleagues to identify opportunities to support individual lawyers and public matters that bolster the L&DR practice's visibility and reputation via earned media, internal communications and website and intranet content.
* Oversee the production of detailed client and industry research reports to support initiatives and client meetings; monitoring publications and other sources for potential opportunities and client development; and communicating research findings to partners and lawyers on a regular basis.
* Ensure matter information is captured in transaction databases for league table submissions, directory listings, pitches, partner biographies, awards, and other external and internal communication activities; and managing relevant mailing lists within our CRM database.
* Support cross-practice business development initiatives (e.g., Alumni and client receptions) as identified by the Director, Client & Marketing Development - Americas.
* Strong knowledge of the US and international financial markets.
* 5+ years of business development/marketing experience in a legal or financial market.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications/Marketing preferred, MBA a plus
* Ability to develop advisory relationships with partners, lawyers, and other key stakeholders by demonstrating:
o strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
o an energetic with a proactive, can-do attitude;
o solid research capabilities;
o ability to work independently and highly organized;
o a consultative, collaborative approach;
o ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize competing demands;
o an understanding of our client's commercial objectives and marketplace;
o ability to use technologies critical to the position; and
o excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to contribute to the growth and development of our BD team by:
o collaborating with colleagues at all levels and across global offices;
o demonstrating teamwork; and
o identifying opportunities to develop new processes/improve infrastructure.
* Must possess strong technical proficiency in various software including Microsoft Office.
* Must be independently and legally authorized to work in the United States.