$130000 - $160000
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Analyzes conflict of interest reports for all new firm representations and lateral attorney hires to identify potential conflict problems.
- Resolves conflict of interest issues (to include obtaining necessary waivers and drafting ethics wall memos) related to the firm’s clearance of new clients, new matters and lateral attorneys.
- Analyzes information provided with new matter requests for compliance with firm policies and applicable rules of professional responsibility, and reviews and edits draft engagement letters for compliance with same.
- Reviews client outside counsel guidelines and assists with assessment of firm’s ability to comply.
- Conducts orientation of staff and attorneys regarding new matter approval process.
- Help out running conflict searches when circumstances require.
- Occasional afterhours or weekend coverage for emergency conflict request.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ Experience dealing with conflict issues-prefer knowledge and familiarity with the Intapp Intake system though willing to train.
- Basic knowledge of corporation organization and researching affiliates and subsidiaries (family tree) required.
- Experience with Capital IQ preferred, Elite and Wallbuilder preferred.