New York, NY
$100000 - $110000
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist attorneys to prepare integral corporate documents/materials
* Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form corporations (both for profit and not for profit), partnerships, and limited liability companies in any state
* Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies
* Create and maintain physical and electronic corporate minute books
* Work with Internal Revenue Service
* Assist with the completion and filing of SS-4 Forms with the Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of obtaining Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) for corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies
* Work with System for Award Management
* Assist with the registration and renewal of entities in the System for Award Management SAM system
* Work with Corporate Secretary
* Prepare board meeting materials and organization of quarterly/annual meetings
* attend corporate meetings, prepare corporate resolutions, take and log board minutes, and other similar corporate items
Candidate must have a bachelors degree and relevant work experience and demonstrate experience with all manner of corporate documents.
As with any paralegal position, strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Also must be self-motivated, and detail oriented.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure
Other skills needed include a strong familiarity with all standard Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Access and Visio, and general office procedures.