Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
New York, New York
$80000 - $95000
• Performs routine tasks required to assist in the administration of human resources programs including but not limited to benefits, and leave; performance management; recognition, and morale.
• Administration of employee leaves of absences (e.g., disability, FMLA, parental).
• Handles benefits and HR policy inquiries from new hires, employees, and senior leadership and referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
• Assist with maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Assist with Wellness initiatives.
• Stays aware of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable HR best practices.
• Participates in annual plan audits, including data gathering for compliance filings and notices.
• Assist with onboarding and offboarding tasks as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
Bachelor’s degree required. 2-3 years of Human Resources experience is preferred.
Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ADP Workforce Now. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You show great accuracy, attention to detail and good organizational skills. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake free.
You must be able to adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, HR and Firm matters.
You are versatile and possess the ability to multi-task with ease. You are able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to Firm tasks.
You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team and are able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with employees, clients, and professionals.
In addition, the successful candidate will be based in the New York area or willing to relocate.
Compensation: The expected base salary for this role ranges from $80,000 - $95,000 and is dependent on experience.