Legal Executive Assistant
Legal Executive Assistant
$80000 - $90000
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor in appearance and behavior. Maintains strict confidentiality in all interactions. Possesses strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates a solid ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills adhering to proper business writing standards. Demonstrates a keen eye for detail in informal and formal communications.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times. Works effectively with other departments, seeking solutions to business problems. Demonstrates an intellectual curiosity and continuous drive to improve service.
- Demonstrates an openness to constructive feedback and a flexibility to adjust behavior or performance as needed.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
Client Service – Relationship Management
- Fosters open and frequent communication with teammates to ensure smooth and expeditious support to assigned lawyers. Cross-trains teammates ensuring same first-class service while away or out of the office.
- Provides superior client service with internal and external clients displaying a proactive, "can do" attitude when meeting individuals, answering telephone calls, and acting on behalf of the lawyers.
- Acts as the gatekeeper prioritizing conflicting needs. Handles matters confidentially, expeditiously, proactively and independently and follows through on tasks until successful completion. Suggests new processes/procedures to expedite projects and day-to-day workflow.
- Demonstrates intimate knowledge of assignment’s work habits and preferences. Anticipates needs and shepherds work forward with limited direction.
- Develops strong understanding of (assigned lawyer’s) practice and clients. Maintains a professional relationship with other legal counsel, courts, agencies and professional organizations on behalf of the attorney keeping up-to-date client contacts in InterAction, as well as, detailed client/matter lists.
- Works closely with, and effectively manages, assigned lawyers’ practice to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Efficiently reconciles and processes expenses. Reviews inbox, diary entries, calendar and other items to classify business and personal expenses. Reviews Chrome River and American Express Card to allocate expense items. Obtains receipts from lawyer or other means if available. Collaborates with internal or external resources to address all outstanding Chrome River or AMEX items within payment window, running inquiries when necessary.
- Actively manages timekeepers’ diaries. Creates draft entries based on knowledge of lawyer activity, review of inbox, diary entries or other knowledge. Edits and reviews entries to ensure conformity to best practices. Proactively manages lawyers to ensure entries meet submission deadlines. Obtains subject matter expert level knowledge of the billing process. Proactively communicates and collaborates with assigned billing coordinators. Coordinates the proper review of proformas, tracks, edits and updates, and facilitates final approval of bill to ensure timely delivery to client. Assists in meeting targets and year-end deadlines.
- Composes, edits and proofreads correspondence, presentations and other documents. Demonstrates exceptional technological/document production skills.
- Proactively coordinates internal/external meetings with limited direction. Arranges proper logistics based on meeting requirements (visitor offices, conference room, video conference and dial-in number, as appropriate).
- Applies best practice when arranging travel, utilizing agent assist and on-line tools appropriately. Monitors lawyer’s travel to ensure smooth arrival and departure. Maintains up-to-date travel preferences (frequent flyers, KTN, passport, etc.). Manages airline check-in and boarding passes for assigned lawyers (when appropriate).
- Proactively coaches lawyers to delegate non-billable tasks to their LEA allowing the lawyer to focus on legal work and engage in their practice. Tasks include, but are not limited to, printing, scanning, copying/binding, filing, notary services, document preparation and package shipment.
- Demonstrates an exceptional understanding of Microsoft Outlook. Utilizes creative problem solving skills to solve challenging scheduling requirements. Manages multiple calendars and supports scheduling requirements across multiple lawyers, clients, offices and time zones.
- Monitors attorney’s inbox. Cleans-up, organizes and/or responds per lawyer preferences. Organizes and cleans up Outlook folder structure. Ensures client/matter related documents and emails are stored in FileSite Workspaces.
Training and Professional Development
- Actively contributes in secretarial huddles and other team related activity. Participates in focus groups, lunch and learns, and other knowledge sharing activity including the mentor program, when necessary.
- Maintains subject matter level expertise in the Firm’s core applications. Understands and adheres to best practices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- College degree or equivalent.
- Expert proficiency with the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) applications.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external lawyers, staff and clients.
- Expert communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.